"The Primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but the thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking, separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is. -Ekhart Tolle
I love this. It is hanging in my bedroom. I hope you all like it.
"Give up defining yourself- to yourself, or to others. You won't die. You will come to life. And don't be concerned with how others define you, when they define you they are limiting themselves... Whenever you interact with people, don't be there primarily as a function or role, but as a field of conscious presence. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are." - Ekhart Tolle
"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself; I, not events have the power to make me happy, or unhappy. Today I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I am going to be happy in it." -Groucho Marx
"Be the master of your fate, be the captain of your soul, but do not hesitate, should the chance befall you, to be the slave of your heart." -Robert Brault"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and everyone of us."
"Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on." -Eckhart Tolle
"You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage- pleasantly, smiling, unapologetically to say "no" to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger "yes" burning inside. The enemy of the "best" is often the "good"
-Stephen R. Covey
"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.""Dreams are never destroyed by circumstance. Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die. Because, while the difficult takes time, the impossible just takes a little longer."
"You are good. But it is not enough to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And the good that is in you must spread to others." -Gordon B. Hinckley
"To laugh often and love much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch. To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" -Emerson
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. We were born to make manifest the Glory of God that is within us, and when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." -Nelson Mandela
"Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." -Laotzu
"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change." -Barbara de Angelis
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails-I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors kids. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know that I was really there (here) and that I really lived." -Marjorie Pay Hinckley
"Not till we are completely lost or turned around do we begin to find ourselves."










Love it! Wow, what a pick me up! I actually needed to hear alot of those things. You quoted some of my very favorite quotes. Keep going with this blog, it is refreshing and just plain awesome! Nice work Heidi!
ReplyDeleteI agree....Nice work! Your blog is flippin' sweet. Thanks for the thoughts and creativity. :)
ReplyDelete